Thursday, May 15, 2008

Plans

I suppose I should start by telling a little about the harp. I got the plans from robinson's harp shop, its called a lap harp because its so small but I think I'll hook up a shoulder strap. the sound box and frame part is going to be curly cherry, with a sitka spruce soundboard.

When the plans came they were adequate but not very detailed or overly in depth, in short I'm glad I have some harp experience or I'm sure I would be lost. I'm only making 2 major changes (so far).
The string spacing on this harp is very narrow so I am taking out one string and spreading the others further apart. Also the plans are for a curved back but I am going to make the back angled, but other than that I'll probably only make cosmetic changes. -

I wanted to keep my posts short enough to
stay interesting, and not get bogged down with
too many details but if you have any questions
feel free to ask.

No comments: